[Harp-L] multiple Effects and tone

I want to play around with the effects boxes and effects pedal board my band's guitar player has.

I currently use a Danecho pedal to add just a touch of delay. It was modified by Ron Holmes to prevent the diminshed tone some effects cause. Any tips/suggestions suggestions for preventing the same type of tone loss (other than having each stomp box individually modded) when I hook-up all those boxes and/or pedal into a chain? Is there a device that could be used in the "mic - effects - amp" sequence for this purpose?

Also, is there an effects device or synthesizer that makes a harp sound like an electric guitar, organ, or other instrument?

Thanks in advance.