[Harp-L] Re: Toots masterclass for FREE in NYC

I wanted to share some important info with the community:

  My friend Dr. David Schroeder (Woodwind & Chromatic Player),
  Dir. of Contemporary Jazz Studies at NYU, has informed me of a unique and excited event he is producing.

  On SUNDAY March 19th, between 5-7pm Toots Thielemans will give a FREE masterclass at:

  The Museum for Jewish Heritage
  36 Battery Place
  Battery Park City, NY
  www.mjhnyc.org

  1st Toots will be interviewed by by Jazz afficionado, Gary Giddens and then Toots and Kenny Werner will perform and then critique the jazz students that wish to play. The event will be filmed and documented and hopefully we can get some NY area players down there.

  This is gonna be a FIRST class production and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

  David's email is:
  ds38@xxxxxxx
  all the best,
  Rob Paparozzi

  PS....Unfortunately, I'll be in south jersey celebrating my Mom's 85th Birthday and won't be able to make this, but I WILL be at Carnegie Hall with Robert Bonfiglio on 3/16 to see TOOTS!!

  pss..I'm am going to try and have Bonfiglio there on Sunday in Battery Park to provide info on the upcoming GRAND CANYON masterclass featuring: Bonfiglio,Paparozzi and Gruenling-
  hope some of you can join us for these in September 2006 !!

Yahoo! Mail