Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Jason Ricci's Harp Blow-Off/ Was SPAH Blow-Off

Jonathan Metts writes:

"Hey guys, I am not a SPAH member currently but would like to attend  the
convention.  I'll actually be in Colorado that week but  unfortunately I doubt
I'll have time to attend SPAH because I'll be moving  into my new home in
Boulder.  However, I could probably make time for  the Blow-Off.  What I'd like to
know is whether you have to attend  SPAH or be a member in order to go to the
Blow-Off?  (I don't intend  to play there because I'm not good enough, just
want to  listen!)

Jonathan"

  Jon....Jason's Harp Blow-Off is being held at  Herman's Hideaway this year
and is completely unrelated to  SPAH.  I did a Mapquest and it's about 12
miles away from the Denver  Renaissance.  If you had any opportunity to see the
videos Reach Mann  took of JR's last year's blow-off in Kansas City, it'd give
you a better  idea of what to expect...but it's basically a show, up on stage
with  Jason's chosen guests..open to the public.  Last year's was
fabulous...with the rest of us a captive (and captivated) audience.   No worries about
having to "perform"... but I did hear that the musicians  continued later with a
jam....wish I'd hung around to hear some of  that.  My group arrived late so
missed the first part of the  show...still, it was an event to remember.  No
way am I missing  this year's, so am making sure to get to Denver early enough
to share a  ride from the Hotel with anyone else going....Bobbie?   :)

Elizabeth