Re: [Harp-L] online scales, keyboard, or other noise makers???

Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:54:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] online scales, keyboard, or other noise makers???
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

>I tried the Bendometer with mixed results.  Does anybody know of a site
>where I can find sustained notes with names?  I would like to work on
>some of my bends, inntonation, and my overall tone and am having a hard
>time finding a relatively cheap key board.
>
>  Namely, I am working on my draw three bends and playing scales without
>the inntonation or pitch sounding off/sticking out.  I think playing them
>against an insturment like a keyboard would be a great deal of help.
>
>  Thanks!
>  Mike

Hi Mike,
  Yup.  It requires a bit of thought and a PC with sound capability.
NCHTone is available for free in shareware form.   You give it a frequency
and it'll generate a tone at that frequency.  You can have several tones,
so can use it for chords. And it has a few different types of tones such as
Sine Wave, Saw Wave, etc.   I find Saw Wave the closest to Harmonica timbre.
  http://nch.com.au/tonegen/index.html
For a list of frequencies in relation to harmonica, I've supplied an Excel
spreadsheet of 12tET frequencies across the range of available harmonicas.
  http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/stuff/12tetfreq.xls
Cheers,
-- G.