[Harp-L] Re: New Music Recorder Available

For the audio purists among us there is ANOTHER "new music recorder available".  The Edirol R-09
is shipping (although there may still be a short wait list.)

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=ED-R-09

It sells for $399 and is receiving very favorable reviews from the Taper/Trader community.  It's
said to be much easier to use than its closest competitor, the M-Audio Microtrack and with much
longer battery life (although its street cost is about $100 more.)

The device that Randy posted about looks cute for the price, size and battery life, but when it
says "voice recorder" I'm pretty sure that's a euphemism for 8-bit sound which in my experience,
is less than satisfactory for harp.