[Harp-L] Just intonation - a shortcut??

You might not be aware that the tempered tuning for
major triads on the SP20 are quite close to JI.

0 -12 +1  Hohner handmades
0 -14 +2  JI

Since you're not trying for precision I would leave
all but two reeds untouched. I say this because I
don't think my ears are good enough to hear when I've
eliminated the 2 cent variance of the tempered tuning.
I'd just as likely overshoot my tuning in the other
direction.

It's the Draw 5 and 9 that most need to be lowered in
pitch. You need to play 2,3,4,5 Draw chord without
hearing beating before you know its tuned down enough.

This approach assumes that the harp's tuning has not
already drifted too much and that the octaves are
acceptable. If not, or if your ears are quite keen
consult Pat Missin's 'Altered States' treatise for
info on tuning to JI by ear.

Paul