RE: [Harp-L] RE: Consecutive overblows (WAS Howard Levy update)

Actually, George has outlined the complete Db Major scale (on a C
harp), stated in consecutive thirds. As he starts it on Eb, you could
call this an Eb dorian 13th chord: 1 3 5 7 9 11 13 (15 is Eb again and
the whole cycle repeats if you keep going, which George does, through
15, 17, and 19 until he runs out of harp).

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael Peloquin"
<peloquinharp@...> wrote:

Great observations and excercise George. Don't worry, people that play
different keyed harps, XB-40, chromatic,valved diatonic AND SAXOPHONE
play
notes out of tune all the time.

I couldn't help myself, but that is more acurately an Eb minor 7 arpeggio.
doesn't the L in harp-l stand for LEARNING? Let's learn em right.

Michael Peloquin
http://tinyurl.com/5tpjg
http://www.harpsax.com