Re: [Harp-L] Using a cup or glass

In a message dated 6/12/06 8:54:21 PM, samblancato@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< On Kim Wilson's,  "My Blues" CD he use a tin cup or a glass of some sort
for
effect on a couple of songs and I was wondering where he got this idea; who
originally did this.  I was also wondering if there is a particular cup or
glass that works best for this.

Both Sonnyboy Williamson and Walter Horton(who I personally saw do it) used a
glass for effect. Since these are guys who both spent sometime playing with
Robert Johnson(the 1930's) I would say they we're both some of the first
players to use this effect.
hb