Re: [Harp-L] Behringer V-Amp Pro Multi Effects Unit

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rick In Davis
<rickindavis@...> wrote:

> I'm thinking of trying a multi-effects unit for
harp,
>   but the Line 6 rack unit is $700. The similar
Behringer
>   product is only $179, and it is 24-bit.
>
> Any experience with these?

I ordered an XVAmp... musta been almost a year ago
now. i tried it out for a few days, then i tried out
the Digitech RP (i think it was the 200) at the local
GuitarCenter. the only thing - the only thing - i
remember liking better about the XV was how easy it
was to set up the input volume on it. the sound from
the RP (i used the same headphones to test both) was
just as good, and the effects seemed just as good (the
reverbs might have been a little better on the XV).
the RP and XV units are meant to be stage models, i
guess. they both had foot pedals and easy to read
displays. the XV had uncomfortable knobs though, and
the foot pedal felt "crappy". i dunno how to explain
it. very plastic-y. not substantial. i felt that, for
the money, i'd be better off with the RP and sent home
the XV.
you can always order from Musicians Friend and if you
don't like it, send it back and try something else ;)

  --Jp