To: "John Mooney" <jmooney@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Chris Bauer

Hi All,

I thought I should day a few words about Chris Bauer as he is not only one of my favorite players, but a real "stand up" guy as well - what we would cal in Yiddish "a mensch"! I have a copy of Chris's "How High the Moon" CD and I didn't realize he had so many others available (Thanks John!).

I first met Chris at SPAH 2004 when Doug and the gang invited him to come perform. I was immediatel excited that a new jazz harper had come to my attention and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that he is a second generation harmonica player. If I am correct, Chris' father is Bob Bauer, who was at one time associated with the Harmonicats.

It turned out that Chris was moving to the greater Los Angeles area as part of his "day job". It also turned out that I was getting married in 2005 and was in dire need of a jazz harmonica player to help out with the wedding music. So, Chris was kind enough to get together with a bunch of my old playing buddies and make a lovely jazz quintet for our entertainment. He played Sherri's choice for a first dance ("Wonderful World") and countless choruses of Hava NeGila. In short he made it a very treasured moment. We also gave out a Hohner Little Lady to each guest with our names and date of marriage inscribed on them. Fjm put a picutre of this up at the Harp-L Yahoo Groups website, but I don't really know how to get in there ;-). Maybe he can explain.

Anyway, I not only wanted to let you all know that Chris is a tremendous player, but also to let you all know what a special place in my heart he has found. Chris plays virtually every style of his music so browse his website at: http://www.chrisbauermusic.com/ and remember to keep an eye on him as the world gets to know more about his talent and very large heart. All the best to you,

Michael