[Harp-L] Apology for the extra emails: Update on Purdie/Stax Show

Please accept my apology regarding the 'repeat' messages, apparentely my earthlink server had some serious 'hiccups'.

Hope fully all is cleared up.

I'm sad to announce that due to health problems, Issac Hayes will not be at this show, we send our Love & ask for a speedy recovery of this special person and giant talent that has given us so much MUSIC...please get well soon Issac...we love you.

The new headliner on June 10th is listed below, hope some of you can make it....thanx so much Rob Paparozzi

The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders and
"This is it Productions"  w/ sponsors CD 101.9 & KISS Fm present:

A Free Day in the Park, come and join us for
"Rhythm & Blues by the Brook"
(Cedarbrook Park in Plainfield, NJ)
Saturday JUNE 10th, 2006
Noon-8pm......... Bring a Blanket and Lawn Chair!
www.ucnj.org/svcsgov/parksrec/program1.htm#rhythm

Feat:  The Bernard "Pretty" Purdie Birthday Bash  celebrating his 65th Birthday Bash with:     3-6pm

Special Guest: MC, Bob Porter :(Producer and Portraits in Blues DJ)

-Bernard & The GrooveMasters (Reuben Wilson, Grant Green Jr)
-Bernard & HAIR composer Galt McDermott & The New Pulse Band
Then..Bernard Crosses The ATLANTIC to meet STAX legends:

Bernard and The Hudson River Rats 19 Piece R&B Orchestra
with VERY Special Guests!!
Here's the line up...........minus a few MORE surprises!!

Rob Paparozzi - Musical Director, Vocals & Harmonica
John Korba - Piano & Vocals
George Naha - Guitar/Arranger
Bailey Gee & Will Lee - Bass & Vocals
Chris Eminizer - Tenor & Baritone Sax/Arranger
Bernard "Pretty" Purdie - Drums (1)
Shawn Pelton - Drums (2)
Steve "The Colonel" Cropper - Guitar
Leon Pendarvis - Organ
Eddie "Knock on Wood" Floyd - Vocals
Phoebe Snow - Vocals
Elaine Caswell - Vocal & Choir Director
Ula Hedwig - Vocals
Antonique Smith - Vocals
Everett Bradley & Percussion - Vocals
Poncho Morales - Congas
Jim Hynes - Trumpet

and  some of the The Horn Section from The Movies "The Blues Brothers" & "Blues Brothers 2000"
"Blue" Lou Marini - Tenor Sax
Tom "Bones" Malone - Trombone/Arranger

Finale: a set by Roberta Flack and her Band!!!!! at about 6pm

Thats right FOLKS!!! it's FREE....come and hear The LEGENDS of SOUL, that wrote and played on the hits!!!! here's our set list......hope to see you there!!!!!!!

1) Green Onions
2) Messin' with the Kid
3) Rock Steady
4) Spanish Harlem
5) In the Midnight Hour
6) That's How Strong My Love is
7) Kid Charlemagne
8) See Saw
9) Sittin' on The Dock of The Bay
10) 634-5789
11) Knock on Wood
12) Let it Be (Aretha's Version)
13) Home at Last

Finale:    Soul Man (dedicated to Issac)...."Play it Steve"!!!!!!

special thanx to:

Freeholder Al Mirabella, Scott Harrison and concept by Al Walcoff also Pat at "Drummer's Corner" and Marge Barbee, Ed Dennis, Chuck, Marshall & Elaine also Aase & The Purgood Co., Sabian Cymbals, Hohner Inc. and Cliff at Audix Mics.
condolences to Al Walcoff on the recent loss of his Mom.