[Harp-L] re: simple tunes

Hi JR,

Hi, Ludo. (A completely unrelated aside--a lot of people have been calling me "Jonathan" lately and I understand that this is how harp-l lists me, for various reasons, but I much prefer almost any other variant of my name, and "J.R." is high on my list--so, thanks for giving me the chance to point that out:).

I (home)-recorded the 2-Part Invention 13 on diatonic.
It's at http://www.overblow.com/ludo

I'll have to check it out--tonight is a bit busy, but I'll get to it tomorrow if possible.

Not saying this to tell you how it should be played, but to give you an impression of what you're in for. It's a beautiful piece and fun to practise, but not really easy on diatonic.

I'm sure it isn't. I was thinking more chromatic, but practice is useful on any instruments (I often try everything I learn on one instrument on all the others--though not always, as you can't do certain chords on harmonica that you can do on mallets).

My version is 1) out of tune 2) too slow 3) no way near the level I want it to be yet.
I intend to do a better version sometime this summer (haven't had any time for updating/recording).

Thanks for putting it out there, though. I really do appreciate it (in part because I never could--I hate to hear anything I've played, always have always will) even if sometimes my critiques seem harsh.

I'll have to get some sheet music--also, Doug Tate's list of music has given me some ideas (I love Villa-Lobos' "Bachanias Brasilieras", so that's one I'll try soon--odd, I love so much of his work, but not his harmonica concerto).

Doug's list (which I hadn't realized was still online till G. clued me in just now) is here:

http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/

Scroll to the bottom of the index and it's the second to last (though neither it nor the last are anywhere near the least:).

Thanks again for the encouragement, Ludo--I'll check out the recording as soon as I can.

()() JR "Bulldogge" Ross () () & Snuffy, too:) `----'