[Harp-L] A newbie teaching a kid...

Hi all.  I've only been learning the harp since January, and still
suck pretty badly, but am enjoying myself (and reading harp-l is
great), so here's my first post...

Over the weekend I spent some time with my five year old niece, and
ended up giving her a spare Silver Star and teaching her some simple
chugging.  She was having some difficulty with draw notes, but after a
few minutes soon was sounding pretty good.  I hadn't realised how much
fun it could be to just do some simple chugging with a kid who is
really enjoying it.  (And later on we even heard a steady
"chuck-a-diddley chuck-a-diddley" coming from the garden.)

Young Emily tells me that she has a friend at school who also has a
harmonica, so I'm half expecting her to be be far better than me next
time I see her (in a couple of months).

I hope you all don't mind me sticking in a random newby post like
this.  I'm still kinda buzzing from the experience.  (Now all I need
to do is find some adults to play with!  :)

Rob