Re: [Harp-L] Take the A Train

On Jun 4, 2006, at 10:59 AM, John Mooney wrote:

Chris Bauer does a masterful job with this Strayhorn classic on his "How
High the Moon" CD.

--
John Mooney
JohnMooney@xxxxxxxxx

part#1, Chris, Phil Caltebellotta, and I did this tune at a jazz seminar in Birmingham (few weeks ago). I don't recall that we had any trouble with it. Of course we used chromos. It's simply a matter of the right tool for the job. Don't use pliers to loosen a nut, use a wrench.

part #2, Girl with Emphysema has a FOUR part bridge in FOUR keys. Without the bridge, you HAVE no tune.
smo-joe