[Harp-L] Re: Seeking Harp Player

David Anthony wrote:
"I am a guitarist from Jensen Beach, FL. I discovered Harp-L while searching for a harp player from nearby Jupiter, FL on the web. ... Can anyone help me to locate a quality harp player in my area? ... I know a few hacks, but I am looking for a Terry McMillan type..."

A "Terry McMillan type?" You don't shoot high or anything, do you!? Something wrong with Howard Levy? Or Kim Wilson? :-) Seriously, I'm a Jupiter, FL native (live FAR away now, though) and might be able to help - a little.
If I were you, I'd check out the weekly jam sessions at the Blue Note Cafe near the corner of US1 and E. Indiantown Rd. Also, you may know of Dave Hawkins. He's a good player based (I think) near Jensen, who might be available since Ben Prestage went to Memphis. Or you could track down a guy named Hawk Levy, who is a longtime harp blower based in PSL. He might be able to steer you in the direction of a good player (don't know Hawk and the one time we met he was less than friendly, but he certainly must know a lot of folks).
BTW, I found the Jupiter-to-West Palm Beach area to be sort of a black hole lacking in interesting musicians or clubs (of COURSE there are exceptions). Things get more interesting up north around Stuart and Jensen, and down south things pick up with the Bamboo Room in Lake Worth, then Delray Beach has a lot of great players and places to gig. Maybe things have changed some in Jupiter with the opening of the Blue Note. Hope so. Good luck.
MN

PS: BTW, years ago, I sat in with you and your band at that cajun joint in Jensen Beach. Good fun!