Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] Purchasing Rivets

Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 17:28:12 -0000
From: "Winslow Yerxa" <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fwd:  Re: [Harp-L] Purchasing Rivets
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

> Hohner USA doesn't sell MS rivets - I tried a few months ago. They
> just have - and will supply - the classic "sausage link" rivets - a
> wires of soft metal with the end of each rivet length marked with a
> pinch in the wire - just break one off from the end.
> Winslow

Okay, that's a pity.
  Personally I don't like those rivets, but a couple of harp techs think
I'm crazy not
to, horses for courses.   I sourced my stock of MS rivets initially through
harponline.de which is no more, then through a NZ importer who deals with
Hohner Germany directly.  Hohner MS rivets definitely exist, and can be
ordered from Hohner Germany at the very least, therefore I don't see why
other Hohner companies can't order them in.
  Perhaps if asked nicely, Sissy, or her collegue would include them in
next time they place a shipment order from Germany?  It'd mean a delay.
  Failing that, I found Mrs B. Huber at Hohner Germany very helpful.
Contact details:
  http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/maintstart.html#hohner
Cheers,
-- G.