Re: [Harp-L] delay

rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
"Told my guitarist I was thinking of getting a delay pedal. He was
skeptical that you could use one on harp with a rock band. How many
folks use a delay live?"

A delay is the single most important effect for any musician playing any electronic instrument. I own 3 different delay pedals, not counting the ones in my rack reverb processors, and I carry at least one of them to every gig (usually the delays built into the RP200, which sound very good with harp -- they don't have a tap tempo function, unfortunately). I check out new delays all the time -- they've all got different sounds, and you never know when one will turn your amp and mic into a new kind of dream machine.

A guitarist who can't understand why a harp player would want a delay has a very, very limited understanding of the things a delay can do. Does your guitarist have a delay pedal?

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com