[Harp-L] re: tongue block and bending

Good tone comes from playing from the diaphragm-you should feel your stomach moving in and out. Drop your jaw. Relax your body. Stick the harp way in your mouth. Bend from the back of the throat.

If I stick the harp way in, it's easier to tongue block. There's also riffs like Juke that are easier to play tongue block and riffs like Fox Hunt that are easier to play pucker.Tonewise I can't hear the difference. To me Junior Wells and Sonny Terry sound as good as Little Walter and James Cotton.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm