Re: Re: [Harp-L] how much are you getting paid at your gigs?

Cara Cooke wrote:
> It sounds like we really do need light rail -- between Austin and
> Phoenix! I wonder if we would have to make special arrangements
> for my bass fiddle in the bluegrass band?

Southwest airlines has 10 flights a day between Austin and Phoenix.
Will that upright fit securely under the seat in front of you or in
the overhead compartment?

Let's see, a $1200 gig, split four ways is $300 each.  The "internet
special" pricing on the plane ticket is $150 each way, then there's
the $30 cab fare to/from both airports, or $30/day to rent a car  plus
gas plus parking your own car at the departure airport, an overnight
hotel (unless you can bunk with a friend, or find a red-eye flight
home).  Sounds to me like the net loss would only be a couple of
hundred dollars.

-tim