[Harp-L] Re: Subject: Re:Show-Off CD's done!

Smo-Joe writes:

"We don't get Christmas music here in Fla till Dec 1. Main reason?
It's silly. Why silly? Because:
1.... There's NO snow (only  sand)
2.... It ISN't cold (only hot)
3.... It's hard to get in the  mood (it's hard to get in the mood to
do ANYTHING)
4.... Red  doesn't work well down here (it makes you feel hot). Peach
would be  better.
5.... There are no rheindeer. The gators must have gotten  em.
6.... Flying over houses is dangerous. Too many old people packing  heat.
7.... Most of these old people don't look forward to 'Arrrgh  another
year of BUYING crap'.
8.... We don't have chimneys."

....boy....so THIS is what I have to look forward to when I move  probably
sooner or later to Florida?    Aaargh!    Bah Humbug!  (though I do confess to
being mildly  intrigued by #3....was that double entendre?)   (- never  mind!)

 I like peach....most of my house is painted that  color.  A peach
Santa...hmmm, works for me.  I remember when my  parents lived near Port St. Lucie and
we had to go down there in the  "winter months" to take care of a crisis....it
was freezing!  Wind  howling off the ocean...temperatures hitting in the very
low 40's....could  have used a fireplace.  So no matter where I live, I'm
always going  to have one...with a nice big fat chimney  :)

"Unless you have the album "Cats Christmas" or "Alvin & the
Chipmunks". I once tried to do a Christmas album with our monitor
lizard 'Komodo-Joe'lizard 'Komodo-Joe'<WBR>, but it didn't work out too good.

Actually I kind of still like The Chipmunks..and Grandma Got Run Over  by a
Reindeer...even Adam Sandler's Hanukkah song....at least they're  funny for the
first few listens.   Unlike your komodo-joe dragon  story

> By Christmas  I'm about ready to strangle Bing Crosby....if he
> weren't
>  already long gone,

"You would probably get your hands pretty  squishy."

....Now that's really gross....something only an ex-cop would think  of, lol!
You must have been a lot of fun hanging around the morgue.

"Hey, the wife just got the neatest thing for her birthday from our
daughter Lisa. (I don't buy her nuttin). Anyway, it's an iPod. We
spent a week loading tunes into it. Then there's a gizmo where you
put it in these speakers and it plays like a radio with no
headphones. THEN you can dial a number into your car radio and it
will play over that. Salad!"

....yeah, I know all about I-Pods....my goddaughter has one.   For Christmas
I bought her the thingamajig just like yours to put it into  so she can play
her music loud and clear for the rest of us.  Thing  cost a fortune...not to
mention all of its accessories. For  myself I managed to acquire off EBay an old
(vintage) Sony  cassette recorder (the big kind we used to think of as
portable, hah!) so  I can try to tape my playing.

 I'm unlikely to be the recipient of anything as pricey as an  I-Pod anytime
soon...meaning I don't get bought "nuttin" either... unless  I get it for
myself...and I find it impossible to justify those  kinds of expenses.  New
harmonicas are a whole 'nother thing  though

"Back in  the old days, I used to make my own custom 4 track tapes to
play in my  car. I used a Norelco reel to reel and only took the tunes
I liked off  my jazz albums. The hard part was winding the tape onto
the 4 track  spools by hand. (anyone notice those words....FOUR  track?).
smokey"

....Geez...you really are old..... (J/K!)  ...I hear you.   That predates me
a tad, though I still have my old 8-track tapes  and player stored away.  I'm
lucky I own a DVD recorder...I  usually run about 10 years behind everyone
else in acquisitions of new  technology...not that we can't afford the stuff, it
just isn't deemed  "necessary".

 This is why my growing harmonica collection is stashed all over  the house.
And I'm someone who has lots of cats...and you know there  aren't that many
hiding places they can't find and squeeze  into - ergo Bonfiglio isn't the only
one concerned with the  particular issue of a cat hair finding its way into
his  chromatics.  Hey...maybe that'll be a good excuse if I lose my nerve
about playing at SPAH.... "oops, can't do it..there's a cat hair  stuck in my
reeds".  <VBG>

Elizabeth