Subject: Re: [Harp-L] blues history (and the Barbecue)

Smo-Joe writes:

"Here's what happened. Og & Zog (neanderthal men) knocked down a  large
herbivore. They hung it from a tree and gutted it. Then  the sky
suddenly got black and lightning struck the tree. One  large limb fell
to the ground on fire, while the quadruped hung  from the other limb.
That was it. To try and credit it to any  one country or people is
just silly.

smokey-joe"

.....you're too funny...I love it.  Just what I was thinking  too.  Haven't
people been grilling meat over wood, peat or  coal for eons?  I daresay even my
Scottish ancestors were out on  the moors roasting mutton, venison and
salmon, all of which could  constitute "barbecue" in idea if not in name.   'Course
they  were playing bagpipes and not harmonicas at the time...probably not the
blues.     :)

Elizabeth