Re: [Harp-L] Studio Charge for Harmonica

The problem with that Larry, and this is by no means an assault on your character, is that way of thinking is manipulative. Not to mention, that type of math is pretty transparent thus giving the "handleofpower" to the project whereby the producer could make one "sitonhisthumb" for three hours to get what he/she paid for.

The bottomline is this: charge what works for you. I charge $65-75/hr for lessons. If you want to pay that great if not, that's fine too. I charge $150/hr for studio work. The first hour is $150 minimum and then I charge in half hour increments.  I generally don't leave the house to play a gig unless I make at least $100 otherwise my time is better spent learning new songs or hanging out with my wife, mistress or my girlfriend's little sister. There are exceptions to the rule but playing for $50 a night is underselling yourself no matter what your skill level.

Larry, I've heard your music. You should charge at least $75/hr. You're that good!!