Re: [Harp-L] 2 questions about amplification

I have the exact same setup (several JT-30s and a Blues Junior).  The sound I
  like is acheived this way:  Dime the Volume and Bass, and roll off the highs
  and mids to zero.  Don't use any reverb, but get a delay pedal.  Put the amp
  in front of you.  If it is not loud enough, put a mic in front of it.

  My main harp rig, however, is very different:  Solid state amp with digital
  effects and amp modeling.  Details are here:

  http://dirtyjacks.blogspot.com/2006/07/bad-ass-harp-rig.html

  -Rick

drori hammer <drori_hammer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi -
I am a fairly experienced harp player (and have pretty good acoustic tone), but don`t consider myself an expert on amplification - here are two questions that I`d love some tips about from any of you harplers out there:
1- I currently own a JT30 mic (with volume control) and a Fender Blues Junior amp. Can any one give me tips on the best way to adjust the settings to get a nice fat mellow "classic Chicago blues" sound from it?

2-I remember seeing people mention using pre-amps or amp -simulators plugged into the PA to get that tube-amp tone (without having to carry the amp) - any recommendations on devices like that?

I know that these subjects have been discussed in the past, so I`ll be glad to get replies offlist, too

Thanks!

Hammer