Re: [Harp-L] 2 questions about amplification

drori hammer wrote:
2-I remember seeing people mention using pre-amps or amp -simulators plugged into the PA to get that tube-amp tone (without having to carry the amp) - any recommendations on devices like that?

Two devices that have been extensively discussed on this list include the Digitech RP series (RP200 and RPx400 in particular) and the Line6 POD. Search the harp-l archives for links to players whose recordings with these devices are available online. In general, these devices work. You can find out more about my use of the RP200 at my website at:

http://hunterharp.com/effectset.html

Ron Holmes's Harp Commander II is also frequently mentioned as a very capable front end preamp to a PA. I've never used one, but Ron certainly turned my Crate VC508 into a 5 watt monster.

Regards, Richard Hunter