Re: [Harp-L] Blues And C&W

On Jul 24, 2006, at 9:27 PM, Pierre wrote:

Richard Hunter said:

By the way, I forgot to mention Mike Stevens, whose playing has been
heard on dozens of Grand Ole Opry broadcasts, in my previous list of
prominent country harmonica players.

Mike Stevens is awsome, he was in Montreal last summer for a "trad" music festival here (with guitar/banjo player Raymond McLain) and he is without peers. It's unfortunate, his name hardly gets mentioned on the list. Mike is really hot!

Pierre.

I've mentioned him a couple times. Didn't get any bites. Meanwhile he does one of the 3 best versions of Orange Blossom I have ever heard. The other 2? Chuck McCoy and Eddie 'flash' Gordon.
smo-joe