Re: RE: [Harp-L] A vibrato related question

Michelle wrote:
> Ronnie is a *superb* Denver harper, and yes he is a tongue
> blocker.

Hmmmm, I always thought Ronnie was a pucker player, aside from
tongue blocked octaves.  It looks to me in the video "Blues
hamronica lesson 1 ( G harmonica)" [sic] where he's talking about
how to bend that he's pretty obviously puckering there.  He also
talks about moving the tongue back in the mouth, which of course you
can't do if your tongue blocking.

> who is JP Allen?

JP used to teach and run a little music school here in Austin (TX),
and of course, plays locally, but I understand he's moved to Hawaii
now, and teaches by distance learning.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps