[Harp-L] Re: check out Billy Branch

That was almost 25 years ago.  I saw Billy for the
first time a month or so after this show.  He was
amazing back then.  I've seen him a zillion times.

I just saw him two weeks ago.  He's sounding better
than ever.  Billy is a monster player that doesn't get
the recognition he is due.  He lays down some amazing
stuff.

>here's billy doin Juke!
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o6JAfV2ghM&search=billy
branch

He's taught tens of thousands of kids blues history
and how to play the harp in the past 25 years.  He's
taking it to a new audience.  Check out this radio
program in the Chucago Public Radio archives.  It
explores the blues legacy of Chicago and its parallel
to hip-hop.

http://audio.wbez.org/specials/2006/02/sp_20060219-BluesHip-Hop.m3u

After seeing an evening of great harp players at one
of Mark Hummel's Blues Harp Blowouts including Billy
Branch, Mark Hummel, Rod Piazza, Rick Estrin, James
Harman and Kim Wilson, one of Little Walter's sisters
said, "Billy Branch is keeping the spirit of my
brother alive."