[Harp-L] An elaboration of my comments about the Blues

I realize that I might have over-reacted and should have not posted as soon as I did. First of all, the Brazilian music I spoke was "Forro" not FraFra. http://www.slipcue.com/music/brazil/aa_styles/forro.html It was Charlie Musselwhite who exposed me to this music. Thank you Charlie

But getting back to the blues, I have spent a good part of my musical life defending both the Blues and my love of it.
The instrument of choice was the organ (Hammond B3) in high school I was exposed to Jimmy Smith and Brother Jack McDuff and these were the first records (vinyl) I ever bought. MY parents were very upset that I was buying and listening to music by "black people" and  wanted to know what was wrong with me.
The organ was out of my price range and I started searching and listening to other things I stumbled on to Paul Butterfield and John Mayall. From there I discovered Muddy Waters , James Cotton, Little Walter, Sonny Boy Williamson (I and II) I think you know the rest. Anyhow,I grew up in a very provincial area of Brooklyn and my so called friends wanted to know why I listened to that "Niger Music"
The experiences have left a bad taste in my and mouth and perhaps I am a little defensive. Sorry, unless you went through it, you will never understand it.
I must have read every book written by Sam Charters, Paul Oliver, Leroy Jones,Robert Palmer and Mike Row.

Actually, I listen to Klezmer, Arabic Oouds,Forro and a host of African stuff besides the Blues. But I will always acknowledge,defend this music. I hope this explains my comments
James Leo