[Harp-L] Did The Blues invent the Light buld

Blues fans have a blues-centric view of the world that often lacks
knowledge in other areas and seem eager to credit the blues with
everything that's ever happened in American music

I am trying to be polite here but with all due respect I take exception to Mr. Winslow Yerxa comments.
The Blues is more than another style of music It is a state of mind, a musical language that speaks to the human condition in a manner that other forms of music does. not. Mind you flamenco, Brazilian Fra-Fra are very expressive but there is something about Blues that can be neither quantified nor qualified in the English Language.
Cross Harp is an attempt to flat thirds in the European scale in an attempt to play half-tones and slurs "The notes that "fall in between the white and black keys of the piano" In between those notes lies all of our experiences, the girls we didn't get, the jobs we lost, the condition in Iraq Its all there
Did the blues harpists invent "cross harp" I really don't know but Nobody uses it as effetely as them"  Maybe I can go on any blues site and chat with people from Scandavia, Japan - Brazil. We all know the same songs. We are all struggling with the same emotions.
BTW Borah Minoveth and the Harmonicats were regarded as "Novelty Acts" and light entertainment

There has always been prejudice against the Blues. Much of it based upon Race and Class I am not accusing anyone here of such attitudes but I am both confused and disturbed by comments
Let my be conclude by quoting one Teyxas Blues Men" I am not here to explain the Blues, the Blues is here to explain me!"