[Harp-L] Remembering Sam Myers.... RIP SAMMY...

Hey y?all

I just wanted to share some more info about Sweet Sammy?

I met Sam Myers at the Ottawa Bluesfest in July 1997, I was 17 years
old. From there, I was lucky to see him a few times at Café Campus in
Montreal, and then sat in with Anson Funderburgh and the Rockets
featuring Sam Myers on March 29, 2002 at the Rainbow Bistro in Ottawa.

While visiting Texas for the first time in March 2003, I found out that
local legend, Hash Brown, happened to be one of Sammy?s best friends. I
was fortunate to be able to share the stage with him on 3 shows during
that visit.

The real fun came in November of 2003, when I visited Dallas for a full
month. Sammy and I really had some great conversations, and he gave me
some wonderful advice over that time frame that I will never forget. I
was with Sammy almost daily, and he sat in on 13 of my 15 shows.
Perhaps I will get a live track of us playing together on my website?

I even had the chance to play drums with him for a couple of tunes one
night, and any drummer in Texas knows that if you can make it out of
that unscathed, it can only make you stronger!!!

Sammy will be missed dearly, and my deepest condolences go out to his
family, and of course, Hash Brown, Anson, Renee, and his friends and
fans everywhere!

Sincerely,

JW-Jones
Maple Blues Award Winner
NEW CD: "Kissing in 29 Days" with guest David "Fathead" Newman
  <http://www.jw-jones.com/> www.jw-jones.com
<http://www.northernblues.com/> www.northernblues.com