From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of rosstones@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 9:36 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] harmonica player replacement

i'm guessing this is a collection of licks recorded live with the
ability to pitch and tempo shift. the producer can cut and paste licks
to create a solo or fills. nowadays thats what happens at a recording
session anyway. multiple takes are recorded and engineers take phrases
that they like and construct the perfect solo. I've heard this sonic
surgery done on myself and it's yielded some neat sounding stuff that I
would never be able to play. i.e. astonishing register and breath
shifts. although it doesn't represent the reality of how I phrase. such
software can't replace us around the campfire however.
--
Ross Walters
myspace.com/myharpdemo