[Harp-L] impedance

There was a thread a while back concerning impedance.I have no earthly clue what it is. Both my mics have cables with a quarter inch jack on the end . One mic has a 4 pin connector at the mic and the other has a screw-on fitting with a dab of solder on it.
  What do i need to know about this? Sorry i'm late on this subject, i've been out of town. As you can probably surmise, i don't use them much. The mic with the pin connection is an old 545 and the mic with the dab of solder is a Sure PE53V.
  The PE53V has "high impedance" on it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
                                                                               Thanks, Mike