[Harp-L] Fw: Re: Funeral songs

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ken K Kwok <kkkwok@xxxxxxxx>
To: notify-dg-harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 03:36:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Funeral songs

My suggestions are as follows.  If not appropriate for funeral, please
comment for my sake.
    Amazing Grace with 2nd verse in half step up with chromatic button
held all the way and closing with slow  amen notes
     Swing low sweet chariot and same above
     Michael Row the boat ashore Halleluya- slow
     Danny Boy-  Irish man
     I'll take you home Kathleen -  woman .
     Believe me all those endearing young charms   -woman

           You can play Amazing Grace with a diatonic only in one octave
but in 2 octaves or transposed in chromatic.  If you can whistle Amazing
Grace or any song, you can play it by ear.              Ken in Ga