[Harp-L] Minor Correction: SlideMeister Chromatic Group

The most active chromatic list is the Yahoo! Group "SlideMeister.

Go to Yahoo!, then Groups, and then search for "SlideMeister" (without the
quotes). Click on the group name "SlideMeister". It will take you to the
home page for the SlideMeister group, where you can join.

I set up my options to receive the digest rather than the individual
messages.

A. J. Fedor is the "list Mom" over there. The advantage of a purely
chromatic discussion list is simple: there is a focus on all kinds of
chromatic harmonicas (including chord and bass harmonicas) that rarely get
much extended discussion on Harp-L. The "List Mom" A. J. Fedor enforces a
"No Diatonics Discussed Here" rule. Age (as he is known) does NOT "diss"
diatonics or diatonic players; he plays diatonics himself. He just wants a
more focused discussion group than is usual on Harp-L and Yahoo! harptalk
(Coast2Coast Music's harmonica list).

Different strokes for different folks. I belong to all of these lists, so I
don't see any problem with a more focused group for chromatics. I glean lots
of golden nuggets of harmonica schooling from all of these lists. (THANKS to
you all!) Given the number of postings I've seen from the same people on the
different lists, I suspect I'm not the only one who believes the world is
large enough to support different groups with different focuses.

YMMV, of course.

Crazy ('bout harp!) Bob (which is why I'm on all these lists!)