Re: [Harp-L] Mobiblu - my still-unanswered question

Winslow Yerxa wrote:
<I show up at a gig with a Mob-blu and its line-in cable that ends in a
<1/8-inch phone plug.
<
<The sound guy says - I have no way to connect to that.
<
<What do I need in most common situtations to connect the 1/8" plug to
<the line out (or whatever) from the sound board?

Off the top of my head, it sounds like you need a convertor with a 1/8" female jack and a 1/4" male jack. You plug your 1/8" cable (which I assume ends in a male jack) into the female 1/8" jack on the convertor, then plug the 1/4" male end of the convertor into a female 1/4" output jack on the board.

If your 1/8" cable ends in a male jack, then get a convertor with a 1/8" female jack and a 1/4" male jack.

Wait a minute, I just realized that your 1/8" cable is probably stereo, and the outputs on the board are probably 1/4" mono -- so you need a little bit more: a Y-cable with a 1/8" female plug at one end, and two mono 1/4" male plugs at the other.

This stuff will run you less than $10 at the nearest Radio Shack. If Radio Shack doesn't make a single cable that will do the job, you can buy various parts that can be assembled without soldering (e.g. cable with 1/8" female plug to 2 male RCA plugs, just add 2 female RCA to 1/4" male plugs to complete), still for less than $10.

There are very few things electronic that can't be connected to any and every other thing electronic with the connectors you get at Radio Shack.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com