From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Tom Muck
Sent: 05 July 2006 19:06
To: 'Harp L'
Subject: Re: Re: [Harp-L] Re: portable mp3 player/recorder- mobiblue

>Well, I was just looking for a way to use an external mic (or stereo
mic) without a mixer or preamp with this little recorder.  Remember, it's
cheap and it has amazingly long battery life.  Randy described a great way
to run a line from the mixer, but in a situation where there is no mixer (we
play some VERY small venues), it would be nice to have off-unit mic(s), but
not at the expense of dragging around a mixing board and then having to
power it.  A lot of folks use minidisc, which is okay, but this would be
simpler.

Some of these look interesting, and cheap enough:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=microphone+preamp+
line

I'm not sure how much better the quality would be, but I'm sure it can't be
worse.

Tom