Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/

At 10:16 AM 7/5/2006, ben bouman wrote:
How about using thuis device on 220V??

Ben Bouman
www.seydel1847.de
www.marbletones.com
www.marble-amps.com
www.harmonicainstituut.nl
----- Original Message ----- From: "Isabelle Knight" <iknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Tim Moyer'" <wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:49 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Re: portable mp3 player/recorder- mobiblue

I don't know about a usb mic, but I tried it with a normal 1/8" jack mic
and an adapter (1/8" female to female) to plug the mini usb cable into and
the sound levels were way too low. My research has shown that I need a
pre-amp or a mic with pre-amp to make this work. There were not many cheap
ones available in the UK, but I found someone on ebay selleing them. I'm
still waiting for delivery to see if it works.

By the way, THANKS to those who helped me work out that that was what I
would need to do.

Cheers,

Isabelle

-----Original Message----- From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tim Moyer Sent: 05 July 2006 15:36 To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: portable mp3 player/recorder- mobiblue

I'm curious whether this device would work with a USB microphone?
Anyone want to guess?

-tim

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, randy singer <randy@...> wrote:

I can finally give a review of this unit as I have recorded my last six
shows with it.

It is incredible. This tiny MP3 is so easy to use and the LCD display is so
clear, I can read from 2 feet away, though it is a bit harder to read in
broad daylight.

I take the line out from my mixer into this unit and hit the record button
at 128 sampling rate and it records with amazing clarity.

when I get back to the studio, i plug the usb cable in and the unit appears
as a hard drive on my desktop. I drag the files into my mp3 splitter and cut
up the files into individual songs. Super easy.

the unit is both mac and pc compatible and available here.

http://store.mobibluamerica.com/b153mp3player.html

as winslow asked, the unit comes with a mini usb cord with a stereo miniplug
on the end.

my only negative comments are the following
- there is no input meter so I have to guess how much signal to send it.
however, the unit is forgiving and i have yet to overdrive it.
- when I hit the pause button between my songs as I am recording, the unit
does not put a track mark between the songs like my minidisc player does. I
wish it would, if anyone figures out how to do this, let me know.

--the mp3 quality of this unit may not appease the audiophile ears of Garry
H and others, but for everyday recording, this unit records with astonishing
clarity. If you are going for audiophile recording get the EDITROL unit,
etc, but if you only have a hundred dollars and want to hear yourself
clearly, get this one.

did i mention, it has a built in mic and a fm tuner, you can record fm as
well.

this unit is so small, it comes with a lanyard!! Plus, it is so inexpensive
that you can take it anywhere without fearing you will drop it and lose a
ton of money.

I have yet to test it to see if I can use an external mic with it.

many more features, too many to list.

it is a bunch of fun for something as big as a small box of matches.

randy

ON THE POSITIVE SIDE,