Re: [Harp-L] Fingers Taylor

update on the great fingers taylor. fingers is schedualed to have some pretty serious back surgery this week and hopefully will make a quick recovery. fingers has not done any gigs with motor city guitar ace doug deming for about a year but he has been doing alot of jimmy buffett tribute band gigs around the country and plays quite a bit  with his old buddies down in mississippi. fingers will be playing with the great sam myers at a benefit and award ceremony for sam in mississippi on febuary 17th.

r_mcgraw@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Fingers Taylor was a big influence on me at a certain point in my development as a player. I was mostly accompanying singer-songwriters and playing with friends who did a lot of Buffet, early Neil Young, Dylan, etc...

I've always thought Fingers was much like Willie's guy Mickey Raphell; the consummate accompianist...I really like his playing, and while I'm less familar with his blues playing, I understand he's very good at that too.

A very underrated player, IMO.

WVa Bob