[Harp-L] Blues Cruise

Hi,

I had a number of inquiries about the cruise. There is just so much to tell.
All exciting and positive. In an attempt to answer questions I thought that
in addition to saying what most of you would expect if you know me that Rod
and Honey were over the top and did not disappoint. Touring Pros who have
not cruised would want to go to the website www.bluescruise.com
<http://www.bluescruise.com/>  to view the Cruiser Chat message board,
photos and listen to the live broadcast. Yes, Taj and the Tuba Band kicked.
And there is this very, very bad tube player Earl McIntyre (former bass
trombone with Mingus) who was a rare wicked, evil find. Don't get me
started. I am really forcing myself to stay focused and give you some facts.

The Pro Jams are always amazing and what about my Pro-Am JAMARAMA that I
run. It was regarding as the best organized and blending of Pros and
Amateurs that the really solid players ever attended. That is quite a
compliment particularly if you know the quality of the players that I had
the privilege of working with and organizing. Here is the link to the
JAMARAMA http://www.bluescruise.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2272

There is just so much to tell so let me know what you are interested in
hearing about. One thing I will say is that was my fourth cruise and I can't
wait for the Oct. 2006 that sails from San Diego for 4 days. I have been
asked to run the JAMARAMA again and I will be happy to accommodate any of
you players at my venue. Also Jan. 2007 is the next 7 day cruise from Fla. I
can't wait for that either. At first the cruise was just about the music,
but as most of you know we are a great community. An example is the
camaraderie that we share here on harp-l. Imagine a week of that. I guess it
is the feeling you get from SPAH. After a while some of the best times are
hanging with your buddies after your gigs getting breakfast at 4am and
shooting the shit like at a diner after we would drop our dates off. One of
the women commented that she is used to women getting together and acting
like silly girls. This is the first time she saw the men act like boys. We
have a ball together and there is a lot of fun that we share. It is like a
big family.

Dennis B. Alters, MD,

Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology

Diplomate, American Board of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Neurology