Re: [Harp-L] Re: Regarding Gospel Music

A married couple by the name of Sheri and Jeff Easter frequently appear on the Bill Gaither series, with Sheri usually being the primary singer in the duo. Although Jeff usually plays guitar (as I recall), I have seen Jeff play some harp and he does a "much more than adequate" job, IMHO. One of my favorite Gaither shows was one in which Buddy Green was featured playing 3(?) different songs. I immediately went out and bought the first Buddy Green tape that I could find, only to discover that the tape was mainly guitar and vocals with very little harp playing. Nevertheless, Buddy is a great harp player as is Terry McMillan. I'm sure I've seen Larry DeLawder play with the Gaithers, but I can't immediately place him. I'll sign on to his web site now to learn more about him.
Don

----- Original Message ----- From: "BassHarp" <bassharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:11 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Regarding Gospel Music

The Gaither shows most often use Buddy Greene (http://www.buddygreene.com) on harmonica, but also at times Terry McMillan (http://www.hohnerusa.com/artisttmcmillan.shtml), and Larry DeLawder (http://larrydelawder.com/). I think it may have been Larry in that particular program.
- Danny

--
BassHarp
PO Box 5061