Re: [Harp-L] review of "Paul Butterfield Teaches Blues Harmonica Masterclass"

On at, 28 Jan 2006 18:29:27 -0800 Don Grubbs wrote
I never liked critizing someone who did a better job than I could
 have done.

To which Paul replies:

I knew when I criticized Butterfield's work that there was a better
than good possibility of offending some Harp-L'ers, but as a consumer
spending my money I DO criticize those 'who did a better job than I
could have done' when their product or service is disappointing.

Both points well taken and certainly not in opposition, I see Sonny has written in to add his two cents about walking to school 25 miles uphill in a snowstorm also completely true. And if you combine all 3 posts you'll get a semi balanced point of view and maybe be able to make your own decision about whether to spend the money and buy this tape. Paul's disappointment is a classic example of the retailer failing to adequately set the customer's expectations. fjm