Re: [Harp-L] LW on video (was LW in Europe)

 Tom,
Thanks for the thread. I was about to ask the same questions about "where
else" can we find LW on video. So thanks for that. Thanks to Scott for his
response too and the many others who contributed.

Haven't read the book "Blues with a feeling" yet, but will seek it out as it
sounds fantabulous.

Since realizing the significance of LW in both blues and harmonica history I
have always wanted to see him perform. Did I read that you had seen him
perform once Tom?? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well it was so groovy to finally see LW on the set with Koko and Theodore
Roosevelt "Hound Dog" Taylor (can you believe that's his real name!) - on
DVD that is. He seemed to really get into the song he was doing, you know
like he had the rhythm in him. That's kinda something one misses seeing when
listening to his cds.

Anyways, I guess it shows the value of catching ones performances on video.
Many, especially family and fans, will long to see many of the greats as
well as posters here on harp-l in years to come and video/DVD will be the
way...unless of course theres someone who has a direct video link to heaven
and hell, hah ha. All I can say to everyone is, if you can get
yourself on film, do it...cos to alter slightly something Muddy would sing,
"you're gonna 'be missed' when 'you're' dead and gone".

Thanks again,
Nate in the blues room...it beats being locked outside.
http://www.communityradio.co.nz/index.asp?PageID=2145835508