Re: [Harp-L] Is that a picture of John Lee Hooker playing harmonica Isee...?

>Man I'd love to get my eyes, ears and hands on the other volumes in the
AFBF
series! They too would be gems I'm sure.

They are amazing. Some of the best blues footage out there, but
unfortunately they compiled the discs out of order and didn't show the
intros or other parts of the shows. There were some VHS copies circulating
on Ebay that had the complete shows, but the video quality was much worse.
The DVDs have much better quality, though. The Little Walter footage was
great, even given the limitations. There are some amazing DVDs out now for
blues harmonica lovers:

Volume 2 has Howlin Wolf, Sonny Boy Williamson, Sonny Terry
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000AYL2N/basicultradev-20

Volume 1 has Sonny Boy, Big Walter, Sonny Terry, Junior Wells
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000AYL2M/basicultradev-20

Blues Legends - Memphis Slim and Sonny Boy Williamson Live in Europe
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002TB6IY/basicultradev-20/

Blues Masters -- James Cotton and Sonny Terry -- the Muddy Waters/James
Cotton/Otis Spann footage on this disc is incredible:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6305269084/basicultradev-20/

Gunsmoke Blues -- George Harmonica Smith (with Muddy Waters) (George plays a
couple of songs by himself, and plays a few with Muddy)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002TT0AA/basicultradev-20/

Tom