[Harp-L] Charlie McCoy Performed Sold Out Concert For Tulsa Read

On January 1st, a benefit concert and a silent auction took place in Kansas
City, MO. at Knuckleheads Saloon featuring seven fantastic bands that
performed  Bluegrass, Blues, Rock, Jazz, Gospel and Swing. Both events were a success
to  help raise money to help me and my family with medical expenses and loss
of  income due to my five operations for mouth cancer. I am now starting to
make  some progress from healing, and soon I will be starting up all of my
harmonica  students in the first week of Feb., and hopefully back performing with
both of  my bands towards the end of Feb. Right now, I am having physical
therapy  for my mouth and lips. I will be going back to the hospital in March for
more  tests to see if all of the cancer was removed. I want to thank  everybody
that prayed, called me on the phone, sent cards, sent emails,  donated items
for the silent auction, bought items from the silent auction and  attended the
benefit concert. Dennis Elli (Mr. Microphone) was the main  person that
selected the bands and ran the entire concert, and what a fantastic  job he did. I
also want to thank Ray Caraher (Mr.Gold Harmonicas) that designed  and ran the
silent auction web site. My very favorite harmonica player and  friend Charlie
McCoy flew out here to perform with my Bluegrass band, and  gave a fantastic
performance. I had the honor of Charlie visiting my harmonica  studio where I
conduct my harmonica lessons seven days a week. Just to name a  few well known
harmonica players that helped out with the silent auction, Lee  Oskar,
Charlie Musselwhite, Annie Raines, Donald Black, Pat Ramsey, Rod Piazza,  David
Barrett, Jason Ricci, it goes on and on, like a Who's Who in the harmonica  world.
I will be back at the SPAH harmonica convention this year in Denver,  CO. on
Saturday Aug.19th from 11:00 am to 12:30 PM to conduct the  "Americana Gospel
Harmonica Seminar" ( Acoustic Bluegrass, Delta Blues, Country  & Western &
Folk styles) along with five special harmonica performers  that I will announce
in a few months from now. Thanks again for your support,  and God Bless.
Remember: "No Man Is A Failure  Who Friends".                     Tulsa Read