[Harp-L] The Deb

As Dennis Gruenling used to say, "That's what I'm TALKING about!" I think Dave Therault's "The Deb" is a fabulous performance. Although there are no OBs/ODs, there is plenty of bending, and it's hardly noticeable. The music just flows. His lines are great, and he hits his notes spot on. The bent notes are articulated cleanly and, if there is any disparity in the tone or solidity of the bent notes vs. the unbent ones, it's a subtle thing and does not get in the way of the music at all.

What a player. I hope to be somewhere near as good some day. Where do I sign up for Dave-L?

And yes, I go back far enough to have read a number of Magic Dave's posts. The List is great, but I miss Dave's mixture of intelligence, wit, knowledge, and generosity.

I've listened to some interesting non-blues harmonica lately, including some interesting stuff from Pascal Veillette and Otavio Castro. But The Deb is the first stuff I've heard in quite a while that makes me say "I wish I could play like that!"

George