RE: [Harp-L] Butterfield's rig

Can one be jealous of an experience like that if one was not born until 76?

Would you make any recommendations for pre-amps or processors for my 68 Super (formerly owned by world famous (shameless friend plug) Dane Paul Russell)... I'm using a straight up 520DX right now, although I will be going to HAMM radio fest again in a couple months with Daine and Fathead Mike Easton to look for elements.

If you have time you can listen to a sample at www.billhines.com under the blues header, the most recent jam, 2nd set... listen to Electraglide. I'd love to get some advice on improving my sound beyond what Mike says which is "turn it up", but yes my local yocals are welcome to send me advice too, so any ideas Harp-l'ers?

When I saw Paul Butterfield in 1968 he was using a Shure microphone plugged into the first imput of a Fender Princeton Reverb Amp. There was a short guitar cable linking the second imput of the Princeton Reverb to the first imput of a Fender Twin Reverb. The Princeton was pointed at Paul and the Twin was pointed at the audience. It was a great concert: BB King, Albert King and Paul Butterfield!

Peter Madcat Ruth madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.madcatmusic.net