[Harp-L] Steve Gardner CD out

harp-l-ers,

many of you may not know the name Steve Gardner ­ that¹s understandable ­ he
lives in Tokyo.  but, let me tell you he is a real bluesman from
Mississippi:  guitarist, harp-player, banjoist, song-writer, band-leader,
poet, and photographer (find his photo essay book of Mississippi musicians
called Rambling On My Mind).

and he has a big-kinded heart on top of it all.

well, his new cd is out and it's real fine - called Big Delta Crossing.  one
unique thing about it is that he recorded tracks here in Tokyo and also went
back to Mississippi to record as well.  so you get the "best" of both
worlds, you could say...

you can check it out at cd baby::

http://cdbaby.com/cd/stevegardner

here is what Steve has to say:

* * *

BIG DELTA CROSSING, is my second CD. It is a simple collection of songs
about life, love and adventure tempered with hard times, tall tales and
simple truths filtered through the wiser eyes of experience. Big Delta
Crossing is the blues running forward and looking backward as we wander into
this new century.

The blues remind me that we never really leave our troubles behind no matter
how far we roam from home and that life is for living not wishing and
waiting. An old man I met once on my travels took the time to tell me that
he thought that, "life was like the best bottle of whiskey you would ever
get...so drink it all and try not to waste a drop!"

If you've made it this far and haven't driven into the ditch, try out this
site before you bottle it up and go...

http://www.tokyo-blues.com/Steve_Gardner_interview.html

* * *

hope you enjoy it!