[Harp-L] Change harmonicas during a solo?

Sure. It is pretty common from what I have seen and heard.

A fun piece of showmanship is to work a slow 36 bar blues solo, starting on
a big 16 hole chromatic, switch to a 10 holer, then due some riffs on a 4 hole
 Little Lady harp. A great local player I used to hang out with, Jim
McCarthy (R.I.P), used to do that and always got a great crowd reaction.

I'll do a three harp switch on a slow blues tune in A where I start the  solo
using a 'G' harp in 3rd position for 12 bars, then bring the band down to
almost a whisper and play high end blow bends on an 'A' harp in 1st position (if
 its a small room, I'll do these twelve bars unamplified), then bring the
band up  and grab the 'D' harp in 2nd position to close out the solo.

James Harman does a nice switch in Oh Darlin' on his Two Sides To Every
Story CD as well.

Andy Vincent