Re: [Harp-L] Mr. Heresy rags on "music" and blues

While I think the instrument vs Toy discussion is a silly one, especially  on
here where all of us already know what a wonderful, expressive and complete
instrument the harp can be. However it is annoying when you meet people and
they  ask you what instrument you play, and almost always respond with a "oh
cool,  what else do you do in the band?". Which is further reason, we should
appreciate  someone like Popper who has crossed over and laid most peoples
misconceptions to  rest. He may not be everyones favorite, and he may not play with
the tradition  sound or tone that we love, he more so than other mainstream
players (ie Dylan,  Young Springsteen) has laid rest to those misconceptions, and
when Blues  Traveler was in their hayday, I believe the harp got a lot more
respect from the  general public