RE: [Harp-L] BassHarp <bassharp@earthlink.net>

I would just like to a personal thank you to Danny for keeping our gig list.
Folks we may disagree about what's in tune, but Danny keeps us in tune with each other and deserves to get constant thanks from all of us. damn, he keeps the list up better than I send my future gigs in!

I would like to echo that, though I'm usually guilty about not telling him where I am. Not modesty, just sheer lack of organisation!

BTW I agree with Jason Ricci that I will take great soul over great intonation any day, but when that happens the players seem to play "out of tune" in just the right way. Sort of Billy Holiday out of tune, but it so perfectly out of tune.

harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio

I love that idea of being perfectly out-of-tune. Maybe we should not say "out of tune," as that has pejorative undertones (no pun intended), but adopt a politically-correct expression for it. How about "differently-intonated?" Heheh!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm